Monday, January 12, 2015

Sometimes


-Sometimes-

Now, coming home
To a silent, dark house
With only the ghosts of the past
Left to greet me
You come to me sometimes
In the shadows
At the corner of my eye
A silent, still figure
Always looking past me
That I can never grasp
Though I reach for you
With all of my soul
Sometimes
This house is so quiet
As I lie in my cold bed
Gazing at the vacant space beside me
That once held my life
Sometimes
When I am in half sleep
I can hear faint traces
of your musical laughter
Which brings me awake
Startled
With fresh tears in my eyes
That sometimes seem endless in supply
I go through your things sometimes
Just to see
If everything is still there
I've become so afraid
Of losing something
And then losing another part of you
Each item a fountain of memories
Unto themselves
Sometimes
Candles brighten our room
The soft firelight
Casting their feeble glow
On my still form
As I sit in an uncomfortable chair
And read my old poetry
That at first
You were reluctant to receive
Accepting them mainly
Out of kindness
I still cannot find
Among the crude words
That seem so silly now
What it is that I wrote
That finally won your heart
Sometimes
I lie awake and listen
To your wind chimes
As a light wind caresses them
Outside our window
Cursing myself
That I survived and you did not
Sometimes I wonder
If I really survived at all


No comments:

Post a Comment