Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Simple Duality

 


- Simple Duality -


I see me

As she sees me

Through my eyes

Her feelings of superiority clash

With my timid desires

I watch her in the mirror

Same violet eyes and dark lashes

Same crooked smile

And those sensual lips

As a light summer wind

Caresses our raven hair

I see her slip into

The black silk of our dress

That I almost never wear

Lithely seducing her way

From my dreams

Becoming my life

My darker better half

The music on the radio

Once pounding and driving

Has gone to a more ambient flavor

Combining with

The strong aroma of jasmine

Lulls the senses

And dulls awareness

A dreamy mood

And like the ghost 

Of my twin sister long dead

She steps out of the mirror

A pale fragment of a girl

Who has my eyes

She puts her arms around my waist

Her black lipstick

Smudges on my neck

As she dissolves into me

My eyes close heavy and tired

As I fall backwards

Into an oblivious spiral

Only to be caught

By her delicate hands

Which guide me to her prison

In my eyes

She cradles me

Comforts me in her arms

The light scent of our perfume

Delicate on the air

Her lips brush over my closed eyes

As if to let me know

That she will not be gone for long

I watch her languidly

Through the window of our eyes

Speaking to and loving our friends

Using them as I never could

They seem to know her so much better

Than they ever knew me

I smell the same fetid air

Through our nose

From the swamp not far away

And I hear the same monotone music

As we go from party to party

I can taste the many drinks

From Chartreuse to bitter Absinthe

Passed rom glasses and lips and tongues

Our desire and lust burning

As bright as those green liquors

Made famous at many underground spots

In the diseased heart of our unknown city

I watch her through our eyes

And I think

As she removes our dress

In one of the many dark corners

Of the many vacant buildings

Where the lost children of the night

Come to hide from

And howl at the real world

And I begin to feel the electric shocks

Of hands and lips

On our fevered body

which makes our heart race and skip beats

That I was always meant to be here on the inside

And her on the outside

No comments:

Post a Comment